Find out more about Email Marketing Software
What is Email Marketing Software?
Email marketing software is used by businesses to send out promotional emails to their customers. At the same time, email marketing is an effective method that boost brand awareness with a technique that has the capacity to scale across diverse audiences. This type of marketing includes transaction emails such as approvals and alerts, and promotional emails such as events, newsletters, and ads. Email marketing systems can help a company to target its prospects better, distribute content, and reduce marketing costs. Key features of this software include automation of email tracking and newsletter delivery, designing and sharing of newsletters, creation of permission-based mailing lists, and inbound lead generation. The best way to select the right email marketing app for your needs is to browse our list of top platforms, especially the current category leader HubSpot Marketing.
Most Popular Email Marketing Software
Best Email Marketing Software
How To Choose The Best Email Marketing Software
Most business owners now become increasingly aware of the benefits of email marketing tools realizing that such solutions will allow them to improve their business communication efforts. For many though, it is still difficult to define a clear list of advantages and profits that would merit adopting such solutions in their company. To prove that there is indeed much to gain from professional email marketing solutions we’ve prepared this guide for you to give you a detailed look at what this type of software has to offer.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action when looking for the best Email Marketing Software for enterprises or smaller businesses is to sign up for at least a few free trials and starter unpaid plans from the vendors that are popular. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good overview of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do is to try services that currently have the highest results in our SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in the Marketing software category: RedCappi reviews, Campaign Monitor, ActiveCampaign, AWeber, Constant Contact, HubSpot, and MailChimp.
Email marketing software is welcome in every company handling a large customer database, and looking to summarize contacts under one roof and deliver information in a synchronized manner. The scale and niche of the business are most of the time irrelevant, but there are few specific scenarios where demand generation software is most needed:
- Businesses looking to provide valuable information via email newsletters. It is quite often in every business that customers need a bit of on-boarding in order to make a purchase, which is exactly why email marketing systems exist. Companies use them to provide relevant information to their customer lists via email newsletters, and to allow them to sign up on their platform in order to gather information.
- Businesses looking to provide leads with ‘irresistible’ and ‘one-time’ promotional offers. Just as in the case of extended product information, companies can use email marketing systems to provide irresistible offers which can engage leads and convert them into customers.
- Businesses looking to personalize their emails. The biggest advantage of email marketing systems is that they allow companies to personalize the email templates they’re using, ideally by including logos, slogans, and relevant information, or by generalizing the content to save time. This helps building a stable and individual relationship with each customer, and make them feel as if they were your most important contacts.
What are Examples of Email Marketing Software?
- AWeber: An outstanding email marketing platform with superior autoresponders and robust feature suite, designed to meet the needs of businesses from all scales and niches.
- Constant Contact: As the name indicates, this effective platform allows companies to improve customer relationships, and it is loaded with templates and learning materials.
- HubSpot: A popular marketing tool packed with all functionalities necessary to create compelling content, and to deliver it in a fast and engaging manner.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Another powerful Salesforce.com member in charge of providing effective marketing solutions, as well as guaranteeing strong marketing presence on social media.
- MailChimp: A well-known email marketing service for small business and mid-sized companies that offers business-enhancing marketing plans and analytics.
Types of Email Marketing Software
There are many different types of email marketing software, varying from free and basic tool suites to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also be categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but summarize contact lists, while others are more robust and they allow marketers to personalize their email newsfeeds, track and compare customer behavior and conversion rates, and even do some custom branding. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- On-premise email marketing systems. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) email marketing systems. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted email marketing systems. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Email Marketing Software
There are few essential features the best Email Marketing software should have in order to help you generate successful campaigns, namely those which can reach even ambitious prospects that can be measured in future:
- Segregated Email Lists. The email list is the basis of every direct marketing campaign, where the team gathers contacts from different sources. An email marketing tool is supposed to summarize contacts from all possible lists (online databases, association lists, list brokers, trade shows, LinkedIn connections, etc.), and to keep the new one updated with minimal manual effort. At the same time, you should be able to segregate and categorize contacts depending on their location, consumer behavior, age, preferences, or whatever category that may be relevant for you.
- Customizable Design. A big part of any email marketing campaign’s success can be prescribed to email design, namely the looks of your layouts, subject lines, and call-to-actions. The ideal email marketing tool should be empowered with large customization capacity that allows you to change these elements in order to eliminate any possibility that your email will be tagged as spam.
- Tracking and Reporting. Most email marketing systems have robust measurement dashboards which allow you to measure your marketing results and to divide budget accordingly. The data can later on be used for generating reports, as for instance sent/unsent emails, open rates, hard/soft bounces, and many others.
- Testing. Using email marketing software, you should be able to test and optimize your campaigns before sending them out to your complete email list. By testing, we refer to standardized A/B standards, which make it possible to examine separate variables rather than the entire content. Both positive and negative click-through rates and spam compliance evaluators serve to indicate whether you should push the campaign through, or to drop it instead.
- AutoResponders. This is one of the most important features every email marketing system should have. It is because auto-responders automate a large portion of your marketing work and increase conversions by simply informing senders that their email has been received. At the same time, auto-responders can be used to notify regular clients on promotions and discounts, and to confirm their subscriptions on your website. Likewise, you can use follow ups to offer free trials or information sheets to unfamiliar audiences.
- CRM Integration. It is absolutely normal for a business to expect the world from its email marketing software – the truth is that the good ones among them are not even close to being cheap, which makes us understand by default that they’re going to fit within our software infrastructure. Technically, we should be able to integrate them with any program, but what matters the most is how they’ll synchronize with our CRM system. The CRM integration streamlines the relationship between sales and marketing, and increases both ROI and overall positive effects of your campaigns. In the meanwhile, your CRM will be a critical source of customer data and relevant competitive information, which is more than enough to transform your relationship with customers into a productive and entertaining experience.
Benefits of Email Marketing Software
Email marketing software is used for commercial communication with individuals/groups, most often in the form of sales, business requests, promotions, advertisement, or any similar activity aimed to improve customer loyalty and overall brand recognition. This being said, email marketing keeps a business connected with its customers even after sales have been completed.
Digital communication on its behalf, allows the business to target literally every audience on low research and production costs, and get to know all of their interests, shopping habits, likes and dislikes by simply holding a list of valuable contacts and maintaining its accuracy. At the same time, customers benefit from a more personalized relationship, and individual treatment for support and important information. Let’s see how that works:
- Targeted Marketing. Let’s be honest to ourselves: traditional marketing is not targeted marketing. The time of promoting products on popular TV shows is far behind us, because people have changed, the same as their habits. Email marketing allows you to target a specific group of contacts you’ve chosen on the basis of carefully planned criteria, and to customize the message in accordance with what they’d expect to see. That’s how the magic of higher conversions actually happens.
- Measured Effects. You’ve advertised a service in the local newspaper, and that’s great because you know that many people read it. Still, how could you know the exact number of reader that paid attention to it, or at least of those who came and purchased your service based on what they read? That’s the miraculous power of email marketing: it helps you forecast results, and measure effects based on them. With an effective EM tool you’ll never risk being ambiguous and immodest and you will draw achievable and realistic metrics concerning your open rates, delivery accomplishment, subscriber retention or click-to-deliver rates. Consequently, you will estimate which recipients are most responsive, and you will orientate your next campaign towards that specific group.
- Cost-Effectiveness. ROI may as well be the most appealing and meaningful advantage of email marketing systems, since you’re not supposed neither to print anything nor to pay whatever external party to advertise your work. As the Direct Marketing Association claims, email marketing converts $1 of investment into $40 of revenue, so there is no reason not to consider it for your business too.
- Easier Sharing. There is no easier way to share marketing forms than the email one, because it takes few seconds, and a couple of clicks. The purpose is to inspire subscribers to share your content with other users who’re not on your contact list, acting as your so-called brand advocates. Of course, you’re the ultimate beneficiary in the case, because you become more exposed and gain credibility based on it.
- Brand Awareness. There is nothing bad in reminding customers about your existence, so that they would have you into consideration for future purchases. Each additional email adds value to your marketing strategy, assuming it has been strategically planned and designed to attract enough attention. It is your way of ‘staying there’ even with no deals on the horizon, and to be in a much more likely position to be chosen than competitors who market the traditional way.
List of Email Marketing Software Companies
Page last modified
FinancesOnline makes us of our special SmartScore™ method to evaluate all the software in the Mobile Marketing Software category so that we can help you choose the best possible service. It compares and contrasts the following metrics: cruscial components, collaboration possibilities, customization, integration, how easy a software is to use and learn, customer support, security, support for smartphones and tablets, media rating. As of now, Mention is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following extensive research and analysis it received the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the alternatives for your needs.
A look at the general user satisfaction with the software in the Mobile Marketing Software category based on our unique algorythm that collects customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media sites in order to help you make an educated purchase decision.
Each vendor in the Mobile Marketing Software category will provide a different group of pricing plans for its service and every plan will include a different set of features. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable plan provided for each app. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
An analysis of what type of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B services in the Mobile Marketing Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn which languages and geographies are supported by the popular B2B apps in the Mobile Marketing Software category, including spftware intended for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Examine what pricing models are provided by the vendors in the Mobile Marketing Software category to check which one fits your business preferences and budget best. Be aware that specific software can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
A brief look at which types of customers a given B2B software in the Mobile Marketing Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
An overview of what types of software deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Mobile Marketing Software category. Even though the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based some solutions may offer an on-site deployment model as well.