Find out more about Marketing Automation Software
What is Marketing Automation Software?
Marketing automation software is used by marketing teams to automate daily tasks. Marketers can specify factors and outcomes for tasks and activities that can be performed with this program. This type of software boosts efficiency and minimizes both costs and manual errors. You can use marketing automation software to adopt a proactive approach and make use of data-based strategies to gain competitive advantage from your customer engagement. This solution also offers a range of automation and analytics tools for marketing. Key features include inbound lead generation, lead scoring and nurturing, behavioral tracking, social media management, call logging, quoting, and sales forecasting and methodology. Select your favorite marketing automation app from the popular ones in this category, and don't forget to read all about the current leader HubSpot Marketing.
Top 10 Most Popular Marketing Automation Software
How To Choose The Best Marketing Automation Software
Marketing automation software can be absolutely amazing when handed to the right team. In the best of all cases, it will be your ‘personal Amazon’ for nurturing prospects and selling products, and personalizing content to the extent that it will turn your customers into your biggest fans. At the end of the story, you will record excellent ROI rates and increased revenue, which is more or less what every company desires.
In the usual scenario, however, marketing automation can be a difficult and costly initiative, not exactly damage-proof, but certainly effective on the long run. We wouldn’t, however, generalize this characteristic because we are aware of another problem: some businessmen find it hard to hit off with marketing automation because they expect it to be the common roof for all lead nurturing strategies. Marketing automation will nurture leads, assuming that you already have them.
If we had to put marketing automation software’s purpose in one sentence, it would be that this set of advanced tools helps businesses organize the data their prospects share online, and to use it to send the right content to the right prospect in the right time. To make things a bit simpler, we’ve compiled a few basic marketing automation aspects in a buyer’s guide that can help you do informed comparisons to choose the best Marketing Automation Software for small business or enterprises.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trial plans or demo from leading marketing automation software providers. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the list of important elements and you will get a good comparison of the capabilities of different platforms. The best thing to do is to try programs that currently have the highest SmartScore rankings and Customer Satisfaction Rating in the Marketing software category to discover the best Marketing Automation software for your company: Infusionsoft reviews, HubSpot, Emma, LeadSquared, Firecart, ActiveDEMAND, and Salesboom CRM.
When it comes to your first marketing automation system, you’re probably already somewhere between ‘It can save me’ and ‘I don’t really need it’, but don’t worry. Had it been one extreme of the two, you would already know that.
Instead, let’s take a look on MA software as a desirable addition to your work line. It will be a big arrival and the same as every arrival it will require you to solve few critical dilemmas in advance. Marketing automation software is welcome in almost any company, but works the best in one of the following scenarios:
- Small Businesses automating marketing for the first time. Small companies want to generate a higher return on investment, which is why they are the ones that can recognize the success of such software the most. These systems simplify their strategies, and streamline campaigns to reach customers at a fraction of what they’re currently investing.
- Medium Businesses looking to improve efficiency. Medium companies are in a constant development process, and they need to improve lead management by nurturing buyers to a sales-ready position, and by scoring them to examine which ones are more willing to buy. They need marketing software to automate the process, and to let agents focus on more attention-demanding aspects.
- Large Businesses in need of marketing analytics. Large companies have long surpassed initial marketing automation, and are looking to upgrade their software with powerful analytic features. Accurate analytics will accelerate and improve lead management, allow them to track ROI and optimize their fractional attribution models.
What are Examples of Marketing Automation Software?
- Infusionsoft: A powerful marketing automation tool for beginners and small companies, which helps them organize and grow their sales in every niche.
- Marketo: One of the leading marketing automation platforms that simplifies the marketing process and streamlines most marketing-automation tasks.
- HubSpot: A functional tool for creating compelling marketing content that can easily be connected to similar marketing and sales tools.
- Pardot: A popular marketing automation system that enables marketing teams to boost revenue and to improve efficiency.
- iContact Pro: A smart and cost-effective business solution loaded with advanced marketing automation features, CRM functionalities, and high-end segmentation tools.
Types of Marketing Automation Software
Our marketing automation software reviews show that there are many different types of solutions in this category, varying from free and basic tool suites to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also act as categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but summarize contact lists, while others are more robust and they allow marketers to automate all marketing-related tasks, track and compare customer behavior and conversion rates, and even do some custom branding. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- On-premise marketing automation systems. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) marketing automation systems. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted marketing automation systems. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Marketing Automation Software
Had you decided that you need a MA system to handle your marketing tasks, the next thing you need to do is to find one that has the right features to do it. These are the most common features to look for in your MA system:
- Email Marketing. Your marketing automation system is supposed to allow you to compile a contact list from the various sources you’re using, send targeted messages, onboard customers, and share both informative and promotional content.
- Online Marketing. This feature refers to the possibility for companies to produce, launch, compare, measure, and optimize automated and personalized marketing strategies, ideally via both desktop and handheld devices. Advanced management automation systems allow also brand resource management and provides creative landing pages templates.
- Lead Management. Great marketing automation systems are also empowered to handle lead management, namely to generate, onboard, nurture, and automate their leads. Some of them will even forecast lead generation and measure the ROI impact of your marketing automation strategy.
- Analytics and Reports. When choosing a marketing automation system, check the analytics and reporting suite, and look for features, metrics, and key performance indicators that can help you generate accurate reports, and to use them when prioritizing tasks and creating management campaigns.
- Resource Management. Features related to resource management are supposed to facilitate marketing resources management with the main purpose of making and executing smarter marketing decisions.
- Social Marketing. A good marketing automation platform is expected to revolutionize the way in which your social marketing efforts generate ROI. Nowadays, marketing platform are imperative for companies to make the most of their social media presence.
- Lead Generation (common, not compulsory). In some of the cases, marketing automation platforms empower businesses to schedule resources depending on their lead generation capacity, namely to use dynamic landing pages, SEO, and automated lead scoring in order to attract new customers.
- Landing Pages. Marketing automation software empowers the development of entirely email-based marketing strategies, and therefore offers a variety of dynamic landing pages to attract and retain customers. Businesses can also create their own landing pages, and convert visitors in a highly-personalized way.
- A/B Testing. A/B split testing is one of the essential marketing automation software features which enables companies to use advanced email segmentation to compare results, and to optimize the effects of their marketing strategies.
- Mobile Optimization (ideally both iOS and Android). Ideally, your marketing automation system should be mobile-optimaized, and allow you to use it from all possible devices even when on the go.
- API. Marketing automation platforms have inbuilt developer APIs which allow users to integrate them easily with their already existing software architecture. Open APIs, in fact, are desirable to guarantee that the system can blend with any system/app you’re planning to use in future.
Benefits of Marketing Automation Software
We could sum up information in a single word, and say ‘revenue’. And there will be nothing wrong about it. Still, marketing automation is one of those B2B spheres where one can be overwhelmed by false promises, and our ‘revenue’ statement will certainly sound like one. So, let’s be more precise and see how you could benefit from a proper MA system:
- It will keep your marketing strategy consistent. It’s true: nurturing automation is not the first stage of the marketing cycle, but it is still the one where consistency matters the most. Namely, how often can you rely on a person to keep business active in the online world, and to post content according to the schedule? Obviously, you could hire somebody for the task, but it will cost more automating the process.
- It will personalize customer relationships. Reaching out to every customer individually sounds like a fairytale, but it is more than possible. You won’t be struggling to categorize customers according to their preference, and there will be no risk of approaching any of them with something they don’t like. The system will be following them, and will promote only content that is relevant to their needs.
- It will help you make the most of your resources. Imagine how amazing it would be to have every agent maximally engaged, providing great content and connecting to all users he possibly can? That’s another fairytale made true, and it is probably the strongest pro for choosing an MA system.
- It will save your time. You will not be on time; you will be ahead of it! MA systems make it possible to prepare content in advance, and to post it ahead of your schedule. Needless to say, manual tasks will stay far in the past.
- It will save your money. Had you optimized resource planning, you’re on a good way to manage budget more efficiently, and to distribute money knowing exactly what you’re about to achieve.
- It will facilitate reporting. As you saw, marketing automation is all about gathering data and making use of it, so a proper system wouldn’t make sense without a reporting capacity. The detailed statistics, graphs, and charts will help you track multiple campaigns at a time, and to use the information for the next ones.
List of Marketing Automation Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our site utilizes our proprietary SmartScore™ approach to analyze all the applications in the Marketing Automation Software category in orded to help you select the best possible software. It includes the following factors: essential modules, collaboration capabilities, customization, integrations with other services, how easy a software is to use and learn, help & support, security, support for smartphones and tablets, ratings in media. Currently, HubSpot Marketing is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following detailed testing it received the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you include it as one of the options for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A look at general user satisfaction with the software in our Marketing Automation Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that finds customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media sites to help you make an educated investment choice.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Marketing Automation Software category will provide a different set of pricing packages for its app and every plan will include a different group of features. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable package available for each product. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
A summary of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the Marketing Automation Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Check which languages and geographies are supported by the best B2B solutions in the Marketing Automation Software category, including apps designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine which pricing models are provided by the vendors in the Marketing Automation Software category to check which one fits your business needs and expenses best. Note that some software can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An overview of which kinds of companies a selected B2B platform in the Marketing Automation Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of service deployement are supported by every B2B vendor in the Marketing Automation Software category. Even though most of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-hosted some solutions may offer an on-site deployment model as well.