Find out more about Mobile Marketing Software
What is Mobile Marketing Software?
Mobile marketing software is used by marketers to promote their products by delivering engaging content to smartphones and other mobile devices. Currently, SMS messaging is a popular method of mobile marketing. Because of their effectiveness and potential, many companies are focusing on shifting their marketing strategies to the mobile world. These businesses are striving to make engaging content available on mobile devices to attract customers and gain good return on investment that will validate their marketing strategies. Top mobile marketing apps offer GPS messaging, 2D barcodes, and location-based service or LBS, and enable marketers to execute augmented reality mobile campaigns. Key features of this software include content distribution, mobile advertising, confirmations, alerts, and notifications.
Most Popular Mobile Marketing Software
Best Mobile Marketing Software
How To Choose The Best Mobile Marketing Software
Mobile marketing is an inexpensive and fast method to reach out to prospects and customers via the ubiquitous mobile phone. You can use mobile marketing software for a number of online tasks such as recruiting new customers, informing them about an upgrade, advertising a new service or product, promoting special deals, etc. This buyer’s guide aims to help you when looking for the best Mobile Marketing Software for your needs among the many available in the market.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trial plans from the vendors that are popular. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good overview of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do when looking for the best Mobile Marketing software for enterprises or SMBs is to connect with the providers of services that currently have the highest results in our SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in the Marketing software category, such as Listrak reviews and Publitrac, and consult them for a demo version of their product.
Let’s take a look on mobile marketing software as a desirable addition to your work line, which can be more than helpful in the era of handheld devices. It will be a big arrival and the same as every arrival it will require you to solve few critical dilemmas in advance. Mobile marketing software is welcome in almost any company, but works the best in one of the following scenarios:
- Small Businesses automating mobile marketing for the first time. Small companies want to generate a higher return on investment, which is why they are the ones that can recognize the success of such software the most. These systems simplify their targeting and converting strategies, and streamline mobile campaigns to reach customers at a fraction of what they’re currently investing.
- Medium Businesses looking to improve efficiency. Medium companies are in a constant development process, and they need to improve lead management by nurturing buyers to a sales-ready position from wherever buyers are accessing their products. They need mobile marketing software to take advantage of automated mobile campaigns, and to let agents focus on more attention-demanding aspects.
- Large Businesses in need of mobile marketing analytics. Large companies have long surpasses initial traditional marketing automation, and are looking to upgrade their software with powerful mobile analytic features. Accurate analytics will accelerate and improve lead management, allow them to track ROI and optimize their fractional attribution models.
What are Examples of Mobile Marketing Software?
- Listrak: An online digital marketing automation solution for small business and large companies that integrates social elements with mobile marketing in highly personalized campaigns for high-volume and omnichannel retailers.
- Publitrac: An easy mobile marketing app for multichannel campaigns, with an amazing capacity yo automate nurturing campaigns and to convert prospects into visible leads.
Types of Mobile Marketing Software
Mobile marketing apps can be categorized in many ways and vary from free and basic tool suites to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also act as categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but distribute emails, while others are more robust and they allow marketers to create and run campaigns on mobile devices, automate all marketing-related tasks, track and compare customer behavior and conversion rates, and even do some custom branding there. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) mobile marketing systems. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted mobile marketing systems. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Mobile Marketing Software
These are the main features you should look for when purchasing a mobile marketing app:
- Volume: Bulk text messaging is an important feature of mobile marketing. Select a vendor that enables you to send messages on large scale within a short period time. You should be able to send thousands of messages in a few seconds, and personalize them too as required. The messages should be compatible with popular platforms such as Android, iPhone/iPad, and tablet.
- Two-Way Messaging: This feature is important as you can interact with your prospects and customers effectively as they would be able to respond to your messages. You can use two-way text marketing to conduct meaningful conversations and build rewarding business relationships with your customers. You can showcase your company’s accessibility and customer service caliber, while receiving feedback and orders from your customers. You may need to hire more agents for the tasks, but the gains are immense in terms of community engagement. Some vendors offer support to sustain the increased traffic and to ensure interactive mobile marketing campaigns deliver the best possible results and experiences for both customers and companies.
- Proximity Features: The software should enable you to collect and use customer data effectively. Real-time analytics and insights can help you to target advertisements to specific customers, and optimize the place and time they receive them. This strategy is termed “proximity marketing”, and it allows companies to target people living in local neighborhoods as well as those planning to visit the area. Location-based advertising is widely used in industries such as entertainment, restaurant, and retail. Therefore, proximity features are an important functionality to have in your mobile marketing software if your company belongs to any of these industries.
- Promotions and Coupons: Eye-catching messages and ads are important for mobile marketing, and you can also use coupons and promotions to attract customers. This strategy is used by both local businesses as well as large online retailers. The software helps to integrate text-2-win contests and coupons in your messages. You can also use push notifications to alert customers about promotions and engage them using text-2-vote polls to boost your brand image.
- In-App Advertising: In-app and in-game advertising help you integrate a range of ad types. Standard and full-page ads are only a part of mobile marketing. Increasingly, ads are being added to enhance the mobile experience as well as in-game value. Many software vendors offer in-app marketing features to help companies use this effective mobile marketing strategy.
Benefits of Mobile Marketing Software
Here comes a list of the main benefits companies are experiencing when using a good mobile marketing system:
- They can design and deliver ad campaigns to mobile devices without having to compromise the responsiveness of their desktop websites. In fact, the ultimate purpose of the mobile marketing industry was to tap into new, mobile-based advertising forms to take their promotional strategies on a whole new and natural level. Besides, mobile marketing apps come packed with tools that track the ROI of mobile campaigns, such as SMS surveys, digital surveys, loyalty programs, and so on.
- Reach a larger audience through bulk SMS. Bulk SMS templates provided by most mobile marketing software vendors allow users to target larger audiences they believe could be interested in their product, relying strongly on the fact that users nowadays are less likely to skip the promoted content once it becomes available on their mobile devices.
- Integrate ads into mobile browsers, games, and apps. Together with the fact that it allows you to create amazingly effective mobile campaigns that drive genuine results, a good marketing app is also supposed to target audience with push notifications, and to try and integrate ads on different delivery channel. The tools will help you advertise your products in popular mobile locations, such as preferred browsers, most used apps, games, etc.
- Engage mobile users using targeted promotions and coupons. The same as in the case of traditional marketing automation, mobile marketing software can (and will!) engage larger audiences with targeted promotions and coupons, just that this time those will be sent to their mobile devices or displayed in locations where they can hardly be missed.
- Boost traffic to your website from mobile users. Think of targeting mobile audiences with your campaigns as increasing the number of prospective leads with an entirely new category of eventual buyers. This way, you will not only keep current users on your side, but attract new ones who were not even familiar with your performance and campaigns until now.
- Use two-way texting to engage and build relationships. Marketing campaigns are not just about reaching larger audiences, but connecting with them in a highly personalized and effective manner. Mobile marketing apps allow you to build firm customer relationships with two-way SMS messaging as a great way to entertain your audience. Explained simpler, this means that you will enable contacts to reply to your offer and to interact with you, and you will make your brand more trustworthy once the customer knows there is someone behind the wheel who is ready to help.
- Reduce turnaround times and boost coupon-to-customer conversion rates. Bulk SMSs and the innovative voice SMS marketing reduces the message processing time and the server load, and offers a variety of real-time gauges to let you know how well things are going.
List of Mobile Marketing Software Companies
Page last modified
FinancesOnline makes us of our special SmartScore™ method to evaluate all the software in the Mobile Marketing Software category so that we can help you choose the best possible service. It compares and contrasts the following metrics: cruscial components, collaboration possibilities, customization, integration, how easy a software is to use and learn, customer support, security, support for smartphones and tablets, media rating. As of now, Mention is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following extensive research and analysis it received the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the alternatives for your needs.
A look at the general user satisfaction with the software in the Mobile Marketing Software category based on our unique algorythm that collects customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media sites in order to help you make an educated purchase decision.
Each vendor in the Mobile Marketing Software category will provide a different group of pricing plans for its service and every plan will include a different set of features. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable plan provided for each app. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
An analysis of what type of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B services in the Mobile Marketing Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn which languages and geographies are supported by the popular B2B apps in the Mobile Marketing Software category, including spftware intended for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Examine what pricing models are provided by the vendors in the Mobile Marketing Software category to check which one fits your business preferences and budget best. Be aware that specific software can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
A brief look at which types of customers a given B2B software in the Mobile Marketing Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
An overview of what types of software deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Mobile Marketing Software category. Even though the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based some solutions may offer an on-site deployment model as well.