Find out more about Social Media Monitoring Software
What is Social Media Monitoring Software?
Social media monitoring software helps marketers to learn about customers’ preferences and feedback on social networks. Marketing units can utilize the solution to use effective keywords, respond to customer inquiries without delay, and learn precisely what users like and dislike. They can use this information to engage customers and keep them on board. The main purpose of social media monitoring apps is to reduce the cost and time needed to extract useful information from social networks. Continue reading about the leading apps in the social media monitoring software category and check whether the current front-runner HubSpot Marketing meets your expectations.
Top 10 Most Popular Social Media Monitoring Software
How To Choose The Best Social Media Monitoring Software
Social media monitoring software offers a range of social CRM capabilities including helping to monitor conversations about your company or brand. The best programs can be used to perform a host of tasks including promoting your product, conducting market research, collecting customer feedback for product development, locating communities with whom you can engage, monitoring trending conversations, tracking competitors’ activities, spotting leading influencers in your field, alleviating online customer criticism and more. This buyer’s guide helps you out by giving useful pointers on how to do educated comparisons to select the best social media monitoring software for small business or large companies.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials or demo and basic unpaid plans from popular social media monitoring software providers. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good comparison of the tools of each app. The best thing to do when choosing the best Social Media Monitoring software is to try platforms that currently have the highest SmartScore rankings and Customer Satisfaction Rating in our social media monitoring software reviews: Cyfe reviews, Sprout Social, Swift Social, Oktopost, and Attensity.
Buyers of social media monitoring software typically fall into the following main categories:
- Enterprise customers – Large businesses usually use a comprehensive CRM suite and look to invest in an app that integrates smoothly with existing solutions. If you’re looking to invest in a CRM app, there are many that include social media monitoring features, but these may not be as powerful as dedicated systems. Recommended products include Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle, and Salesforce.
- Best-of-breed customers – A number of programs cater to this space and they include advanced analytics and features. But on the flipside, they may not integrate smoothly with enterprise apps. Recommended solutions include Spredfast, Attentio, and AtAttensity.
- Soloprenuers and small companies – Individuals and small firms that don’t require robust contact management and other CRM features can make use of less expensive options. They can also consider combining a couple of the many available free programs. Ideal products include Social Mention and ViralHeat.
What are Examples of Social Media Monitoring Software?
- Cyfe: An all-in-one dashboard app that monitors and analyzes data across different online services, and provides one of the most robust feature suits for revealing data in real time.
- Marketo: One of the leading marketing automation platforms with strong social monitoring capacity, able to streamline most marketing-related tasks that help your business grow.
- Sprout Social: A popular SaaS solution that promotes communication. Its main functionalities are: Publishing, Engagement, and Analytics.
- Brand24: Multi-awarded social media monitoring solution designed to help companies identify social mentions, and react to them in an engaging manner.
- Swift Social: A comprehensive Twitter management solution, which allows companies gain total control over their Twitter accounts, and maintain an impressive social presence to drive more traffic to their websites.
Types of Social Media Monitoring Software
There are many different types of social media monitoring software, varying from free and basic tool suites to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also act as categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but count social mentions, while others are more robust and they allow marketers to listen and analyse sentiments, curate, sell, take proper care of customers, and even do some custom branding. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- On-premise social media marketing. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) social media marketing. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted social media marketing. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Social Media Monitoring Software
These are the main features to expect from your next social media monitoring system:
- Analytics and searching – These tools scour the Web to spot new data and remove ads, spam, duplicates, false matches, out-of-date pages, and navigation text from it to offer you useful data for your business.
- Automated responses – Many social listening tools enable you to respond automatically to messages regarding your brand, saving valuable employee time spent in responding to common concerns. You can retweet messages with your business hashtag or use templates to answer technical support queries.
- Internal collaboration – You can use this feature to route messages to the concerned person within the company and to identify when a communication trail with a client has closed.
- Spot influencers – Social media tracking tools enable you to identify evangelists, connectors, and mavens—people who exert great influence over your brand. You can identify people who tweet the most, engage readers in the best manner, or have the highest number of followers. You can then nurture relationships with these people to improve brand image and visibility.
- Locate pertinent communities – You can also spot communities that relate to your brand and engage with them to market your product better and improve brand performance.
Benefits of Social Media Monitoring Software
Here comes a list of the main benefits companies experience when using a solid social media monitoring system:
- They are able to benchmark competitors’ social media campaigns. What this means is that a good social media monitoring system is supposed to gather social mentions, capture trends, and learn from demographics to provide as live social intelligence. As a result, the company will have invaluable information for developing better marketing strategies, and will do it at a fraction of the price it would pay without such a system.
- Find and engage important influencers in your industry. Finding and engaging the right influencers is a key factor for the success of every business, and this software facilitates it by giving companies a clear idea of who those influencers are, and how to engage them. Better yer, companies get to understand their social media presence, identify negative mentions, and automate sentiments.
- Enhance your reputation by responding to customer queries quickly. Social media monitoring tools enable companies to engage in conversations that concern them, respond to both positive and negative social mentions accordingly and in time. This practice makes their brand more trustworthy, and creates an image of a responsible and professional company that genuinely cares about its current and prospective customers.
- Monitor and measure your marketing and brand campaigns across the web. These tools observe and measure the effects of your campaign, and the campaigns of your competitors, in order to understand what social media is actually doing for your brand, and how you could use it to plan your next outreach campaigns.
- Identify emerging trends and perform market research. The best thing about running a social media monitoring tool is probably the you get to keep an eye on emerging trends and practices, and plan campaigns accordingly. With just little effort, your social monitoring tool will keep you in control of your social presence, and empower you to make the most of it.
List of Social Media Monitoring Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our website employs our innovative SmartScore™ system to gather information about all the solutions in the Social Media Monitoring Software category so that we can help you decide on the best possible service. It takes into consideration the following factors: individual components, collaboration features, custom elements, integrations with other services, simplicity, help & support, how secure a software is, mobile support, general media ratings. At the moment, HubSpot Marketing is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. After detailed evaluation it received the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you include it as one of the choices for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of overall user satisfaction with the services in our Social Media Monitoring Software category based on our unique algorythm that analyzes customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media sites in order to help you make an informed investment decision.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Social Media Monitoring Software category will offer a different group of pricing plans for its product and each plan will include a unique group of elements. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable package offered for each product. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B services in the Social Media Monitoring Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Check which languages and countries are supported by the top B2B services in the Social Media Monitoring Software category, including services designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine which pricing models are offered by the vendors in the Social Media Monitoring Software category to check which one matches your business needs and expenses best. Keep in mind that certain apps can provide free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
Customer Types Read More
A brief look at what groups of customers a specific B2B service in the Social Media Monitoring Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of software deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Social Media Monitoring Software category. Although most of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based some services might offer an on-site deployment model as well.